Sunday, May 14, 2006

Wine Spoof

Another rainy weekend so what better thing to do than to take a few minutes and update my blog, were hoping the outlook for next weekend will be better and another camping trip to Rocky Neck will await us. But for now I will have a little fun with my buddie riwineguy.

The newest bottle has arrived. I am debating whether or not to share this glorious news already. But seeing as it is raining, I'll share. First, the story. I had been craving this bottle since its release back in October. It is the one wine I plan on maintaining a vertical(same wine, consecutive vintages) of for hours to come. I know it was available at local shops, but declined purchase because of the cost ($6.99), I figured I'd save up the cash by not buying beer a week. Then, Wine Spectator names it Wine of the Year! The wine sells like hot cakes at every store in the area and the world. I kept my eyes peeled, but it seemed that everywhere was sold out. Until last Sunday when I stumbled across it in Better Value. Sure enough wine.com, who was out of the wine two weeks ago, and still didn't have any left. I checked with my Taffy for approval of the purchase, even though its my beer money paying for it. Once she said yes, I ran back to the store, Now about the wine (insert drumroll here....)! A bottle of 1984 David Tower Cranberry Apple, This wine is the flagship of all Massachusetts wine and the Commonweath Winery. It is the wine that has pushed cranberries from its New England throne. Oh baby am I pleased! This one will age quite nicely in the garage.
The anticipation was to great I had to uncork this baby, I knew from the moment I put the cork screw in and the cork split into a million pieces it was going to be special, the first taste was bitter and went down with a mild burning sensation, my lips puckered and my eyes rolled, my first reaction was to spit however I swished and swallowed, sadly the remainder of the bottle saw it's way to the back yard where the grass eventually turned brown. Truly a remarkable and rememorable experience.
Till next time, arivaderchi!


Johnny, I love you

1 comment:

Jack said...

I just fell out of my chair laughing! Literally...I think I hurt myself!!!