Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Memorial Day 2006

We went to Rocky Neck State Park (again) staying on Egret 8, we like Egret because it is a back loop and not as much traffic as the others. I called Deb Thursday and told her I was going out that night and I had taken Friday off, why not jump start the weekend off early? it was so nice setting up and no one else in the park, literally there was on 3 sites occupied.








We woke up Friday morning to some special guest....Turkeys! so cool to see them out and about.


Friday was spent going to the grocery store getting all the fixens for the weekend, then I had a Dr's appointment came back and watch the rest of the campers file in.




Saturday was French Toast and sausage and then a nice bike ride, actually three bike rides for the day, my favorite was when Deb went down to the beach with Pete and I, Pete took a nice picture for us! you know if you click the picture it comes up full size?











Sunday was the family picnic and MargretsB-day (i'm sure I spelt her name wrong...shoot me..lol) The picnic did not go off with out incident, Margaret (how's that?) was involve in a pedestrian/bicycle accident....long story short she went to the hospital and got checked out bruises and cuts and returned before dark for presents and cake. want the whole story?...call Pete.
So who was there? Joan and Jim, Poppy and Pat, Diane, Mac, Joey, Lisa, Margaret, Moria, Martin, Stacy and kids, Joan's sister.....can't remember her name....damn!.. Joan and Pete, Carrie and Bill, Karen, Billy and Michelle, Austin, Bailey, Taylor and Michael. I think I got everyone.

It really was a nice weekend, next weekend we are going to take the camper up to Fitch high school for the relay for life walk, kind of like a home base for our team. 24 hours to benifit Cancer research.

You can also check out all our pictures at Webshots, just click the link on the right called "Our Photo Album"

No comments: