Monday, June 18, 2007

Bar Harbor Day 4

I decided to give John a night off so it's Deb posting the blog tonight. Day 4 and I am pooped! What a day we had today...




We started the morning with a rise and shine wake up at 3:30 am. Yup, 3:30! You know John, he didn't want to take any chance that we miss the sunrise at Cadillac Mountain so he had us up extra early. We packed some juice and a yogurt and headed out. We arrived at the summit sometime just after 4:00 and we were actually the third car there. By the time the sun rose we had been joined by atleast another dozen cars...It was really windy on the mountain (about 40-50mph winds) so we watched from the comforts of the big Silverado HD. It was beautiful...came up right on time, 4:48 am. It was amazing how once it came over the horizon it rose up quite quickly. I loved it. I had never seen the sunrise and I must say it was well worth the early morning.



We returned to the campground for a little nap and then we were off to a daylong excursion. We explored the western side of Mt. Desert Island. It is really beautiful! Unspoiled nature at its finest. We came across a few deer but I've yet to see my Maine Moose! Do they really exist?? Maybe tomorrow! We hiked a couple of short trails and were really enjoying ourselves...then my miserable allergies kicked in. Some claritin and benadryl later and they are still kicking my butt!! I'm hoping the benadryl starts to work any minute now.


We finished our outing today with a lovely dinner in downtown Bar Harbor. Of course how could I pass us Lobster again? So I didn't. But actually, two lobster dinners in less than 4 days and I'm kinda lobstered out! Hoping for some fresh steamers tomorrow. John had the prime rib and for dessert we shared a wonderful blueberry-apple crisp. It was nice!

We're back at the campground now and John is chilling out listening to the Red Sox. So far not so good, Shilling's letting the Braves get ahead of us! Its gonna be a relaxing evening and then up early tomorrow for some more great adventures. Hope everyone is well! Talk to you all tomorrow night! Deb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the sunrise was beautiful. Were you able to see the sunset as well or was there just not enough time in the day? My day doesn't sound quite as exciting as yours. I guess I'll stick with spending my days with little kids and spending my evenings with the girls. They miss you guys...so do I. But it's good practice for the living alone thing. Have a fun day tomorrow. Can't wait to hear about it.